Prior to Entering the Mikvah:
- From the onset of your period, did you wait at least five days, and afterwards make a proper Hefsek Taharah, conclusion in purity, examination which was completed before sunset?
- Did you count your seven clean days afterwards, making two internal examinations on each day?
- Did you remove all body hair that is generally removed (ideally not on the day of immersion)?
- Have you washed and combed all your hair (including underarms, and private parts) making sure that no hairs are knotted or stuck together?
- Have you removed all makeup; i.e. lipstick, nail polish, mascara, eye pencil, foundation, etc.?
- Have you removed all items such as glasses, contact lenses, jewelry, false teeth?
- Have you cut your fingernails and toenails? Have you cleaned the area around them?
- Have you cleaned your ears, nose, and the corners of your eyes, removing anything caught in the eyes?
- Have you cleaned all body crevices including between the fingers, between the toes, the naval, earring holes, etc.?
- Have you bathed your entire body, making sure you are entirely clean? (You must bathe for at least a 1/2 hour if you began preparing before nightfall or for 1 hour if you did not do any preparations prior to nightfall).
- Have you removed all old scabs? If you have scabs that cannot be removed without bleeding, have you soaked them in warm water for five or ten minutes?
- Have you removed all splinters which protrude or are on the same level as the skin?
- Have you rinsed your mouth and brushed your teeth?
- Have you used a toothpick to gently check every tooth for lodged in food particles? (Dental floss should only be used if necessary.)
- Did you use the bathroom if you needed to before going in the Mikvah?
- If you have reused the bathroom, did you wash over the area again?
Please check your entire body prior to immersion.